On the AWSUM couch with Elkanah House High School’s Head Boy for 2022
On the AWSUM couch with Elkanah House High School’s Head boy: Sebastian de Rooy
Congratulations on being selected as a leader at your school. What are you looking forward to the most during your term as leader? Introducing new events and initiatives to the school and building on the school spirit.
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Good listener/open minded
- Very difficult to become stresse
- Not firm/strict enough
- Not enough of an authoritarian
- Not a strong personality
Is there anything you would like to change at your school? I would like to increase the number of events and also increase the school spirit.
What do you love the most about your school? The feeling of the whole school being part of one family.
Matric is your final year, from an academic point of view, what are you aiming for? I would like to achieve 6 or more distinctions.
What will you message of encouragement be for your prefects/co-leaders?
- To keep up the same energy throughout the whole year
- To push the limits of they think they can do and to push themselves
- If they want to change something or do something, then they must do their best to achieve that
Who is your role model? My older cousin.
What are your plans after matric in 2023? I want to study computer science at UCT.
If you could be any superhero, who do you want to be and why? I would like to be Thor. He is powerful and has unique powers.
On a regular Saturday, you will find me at…one of my friend’s house with…my close friends.
Who is your Hollywood celeb crush? Selena Gomez or Camila Cabello.
- Netball, rugby, cricket, or hockey? Rugby
- Cappuccino, hot chocolate, or tea? Hot Chocolate
- Braai with friends or takeaways? Braai with friends
- Binge watching series or a live music festival? Live music festival
- Android or iOS? iOS